Since my last wash day post I’ve had a couple more hair wash days. So here are the details.
Wash Day 1:
1. I started off with 8 sections, detangled and ready to shampoo.
2. I tried a new shampoo because my hair felt sticky and full of product. After reading a number of good reviews I decided to purchase a travel size of Giovanni 50/50 Balanced Hydrating Clarifying Shampoo. I rinsed my hair with very warm water while I the twisted sections and washed each section staring from the back to the front.
3. I used my Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque to deep conditioner with heat for 10 minutes.
4. After rinsing the conditioner out, I used an old t-shirt to dry my hair and then used Giovanni Direct Leave-in Weightless Moisture Conditioner (another new product that I used for the first time after years of hearing great things about it). I used the leave in conditioner to gently finger detangle and style my hair in 3 strand twists.
5. I left them to dry over night in the style and then unraveled the twists the next morning to reveal a lovely spiral curl style.
I had my hair in this style for a week before my next wash day.
1. I sectioned my hair into 4 sections using her clips.
2. I then shampooed with my Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo.
3. After rinsing out the shampoo, I went over each section a second time with my Mahogany Naturals Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo. I left it in my hair for a couple of minutes before rinsing. This gave my hair a really squeaky clean feel to my hair.
4. I then deep conditioned using my Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Masque and detangled my hair into smaller sections with my Tangley Teezer. I placed a shower cap over my hair and left the conditioner to do its thing while I showered. Once out of the shower I left it on for a further 5 minutes under my bonnet dryer before rinsing it out.
5. I proceeded to moisturise my hair with the Giovanni Weightless Moisture Leave-in conditioner.
6. Since I was using a blow dryer to stretch my hair I used my Keracare Silken Seal Blow Drying Heat Protectant and blow dried each section of my hair.
7. I finished off with a very small amount of Avlon Affirm Style Right Light Hairdress Creme for shine and added moisture.
8. I used the Light hairdressers Creme in the days after to maintain moisture in my hair and to maintain the stretched afro style so it didn’t shrink back up
I left my hair like this for 5 days before deciding to wash my hair
1. I started with 4 sections and spritzed my hair with my aloe vera jiuce and water mix and used an argan oil therapy hot oil treatment to pre-poo before shampooing. I left it on for a couple of hours.
2. I shampooed with my Mahogany Naturals Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo. I left the shampoo on each section for a few minutes before rinsing in order to make sure it clarified my hair properly especially since this shampoo doesn’t lather up.
3. I then smoothed my Mahogany Naturals Brazilian Butter deep conditioner through each section and detangled my hair using my Tangley Teezer. I placed my self heating conditioning cap on and left the conditioner in for 45 minutes as directed on the label.
4. After rinsing it out I used the Giovanni Weightless Leave-in Conditioner to moisturise my hair and sealed it with Argan oil and finished with Eco styler gel for a defined wash and go style.
I currently wash my hair twice a week now that I excercise more frequently. Wash and go styles are the quickest and easiest for me to have during the week while I’ve started working out. Due to the amount of sweating I do, I know I can maintain a wash and go before washing my hair again during the weekends and styling it in a twist out/ stretched style.